Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dual Purpose








I love recycling, reusing and re-purposing. I like to use mostly items that i have found in garage sales, in the street in alleys, in thrift stores, craigslist free or any other items people just don't want and are throwing away or just not using and have donated to me. I know our world has a tendency towards the consumerist ways, but since my dad has been a trash man for many years i have been constantly aware of all the unnecessary waste. Growing up economically challenged we had to re-purpose, recycle and reuse our things as well as other peoples donated things. There have been many times while growing up that my dad would bring home electronic items, toys or any number of other things that were perfectly good just not the newest kid on the block. Because of my experiernces I try really hard to not buy new things for my photos and try to get inspiration from things that I already have or things that I can re-purpose.

What does all of this mean! ahhh! so much of me and my thoughts babbling. well, I took some photos of art that children at the art school I work at made. It all includes re-purposed and recycled and reused items. They are pretty rad.
xols

p.s. dont' mind me and my grammar...i'm and artist not a scholar<3

1 comment:

©Lizeth Santos 2007-2008. All rights reserved